Candy From A Stranger - 10 Year Anniversary

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
philipgar
O'Jeezer

Re: Candy From A Stranger - 10 Year Anniversary

Post by philipgar »

Twiddly Dee wrote:[quote="
Oh yeah, and speaking of the microwave....

That started years ago as...I don't want to say a joke so much....someone told me that a cd that had been microwaved was pretty, and it stuck in my head. One day I got a cd I didn't like and decided to try it. The light show was pretty entertaining too. Next time a cd didn't fulfill one of us looked at the other and we both yelled "MICROWAVE!!" and from that moment bad cds went for a toasting.

I know I could return them, and it would be a lot smarter, but over the years I nuked enough dreadful cds to make a really unique backsplash for my kitchen sink, in one of my apartments ;O)
How long do you nuke a cd!! This sounds like something me and my son would like to try...as we are always sticking things in the microwave to see how they will turn out...from marshmellows..and as of last night..sticks of gum!! We haven't done non-food items so this would be interesting to try...

Rusty[/quote]

The best is to buy peeps around Easter time. They might taste disgusting (no offense to anyone here who happens to like them), but they really do wonders in the microwave. You can even stick toothpicks in them for a jousting competition between two peeps. I've heard that works well, personally I've only watched what happens to a single peep on high.

Phil

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

philipgar wrote:
Twiddly Dee wrote:[quote="
Oh yeah, and speaking of the microwave....

That started years ago as...I don't want to say a joke so much....someone told me that a cd that had been microwaved was pretty, and it stuck in my head. One day I got a cd I didn't like and decided to try it. The light show was pretty entertaining too. Next time a cd didn't fulfill one of us looked at the other and we both yelled "MICROWAVE!!" and from that moment bad cds went for a toasting.

I know I could return them, and it would be a lot smarter, but over the years I nuked enough dreadful cds to make a really unique backsplash for my kitchen sink, in one of my apartments ;O)
How long do you nuke a cd!! This sounds like something me and my son would like to try...as we are always sticking things in the microwave to see how they will turn out...from marshmellows..and as of last night..sticks of gum!! We haven't done non-food items so this would be interesting to try...

Rusty
The best is to buy peeps around Easter time. They might taste disgusting (no offense to anyone here who happens to like them), but they really do wonders in the microwave. You can even stick toothpicks in them for a jousting competition between two peeps. I've heard that works well, personally I've only watched what happens to a single peep on high.

Phil[/quote]

if you arrange a selection of different colored peeps on a plate and hit tehm on high you get a very cool, trippy result.

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

sheryl wrote:[quote="philipgar

Phil

if you arrange a selection of different colored peeps on a plate and hit tehm on high you get a very cool, trippy result.[/quote]

I never thought of Easter peeps...definantly going to have to give that a try!
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Twiddly Dee wrote: if you arrange a selection of different colored peeps on a plate and hit tehm on high you get a very cool, trippy result.
I never thought of Easter peeps...definantly going to have to give that a try![/quote]

Trying to drag this thread to far off topic, I found this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypKRsSsV ... re=related

Phil

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

philipgar wrote:
Twiddly Dee wrote: if you arrange a selection of different colored peeps on a plate and hit tehm on high you get a very cool, trippy result.
I never thought of Easter peeps...definantly going to have to give that a try!
Trying to drag this thread to far off topic, I found this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypKRsSsV ... re=related

Phil[/quote]

Thanks for sharing Phil...and its not too far off topic..they are a sorta marshmellowy candy right?? LOL
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

There are no winners when Peeps fight.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

Kradokk
Runaway

Post by Kradokk »

At first I was going to post a nasty message about taking a thread off topic, but when i thought about it I realized just how much Peeps are like CFAS.

- Available in the spring time
- Sells decent at first, but quickly hits the clearance rack
- Goes stale almost immediately after removing from the shrink wrap.
- Sugary sweet and nearly impossible to reasonably digest, with an overwhelmingly fake, bland taste, and a mushy texture.
- Looks great in a microwave

Yep, not off topic at all really... :lol:
Last edited by Kradokk on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Kradokk wrote:At first I was going to post a nasty message about taking a thread off topic, but when i thought about it I realized just how much Peeps are like CFAS.

- Sugary sweet and nearly impossible to reasonably digest, with an overwhelmingly fake, bland taste, and a mushy texture.

Yep, not office topic at all really... :lol:

oh my god, you're my hero lol :o :lol:

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

Kradokk

At first I was going to post a nasty message about taking a thread off topic, but when i thought about it I realized just how much Peeps are like CFAS.

Yep, not office topic at all really...

Hillarious!! :lol: and agree.
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.