New Songs and more shows!

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
crawl
Social Butterfly

New Songs and more shows!

Post by crawl »

OK so I am thrilled with Kill each other, I love it and think it is a great song! Also thrilled evertime I get to see the band, even if it is vicariously through youtube. But, come on let's get some new songs and more shows!!

:roll:

It is time for a new CD!!!

Closer
Social Butterfly

Re: New Songs and more shows!

Post by Closer »

Dave did say during that Peru interview that this year is going to be real interesting, but who knows what that can mean. But yeah... it's time for some new material.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

ack!!! :( i thought this forum title meant there WERE new things suddenly :( boo. how about next time call it "we want new songs and more shows"
got my hopes up there!

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

zany wrote:got my hopes up there!
I feel your pain, Zany. :cry:

But there's an upside (a Silver Lining) to it. The more I wait for a new SA material, the more I come to appreciate them more.

You wouldn't believe it, but I just discovered how powerful the songs We 3 and Summer Of Drugs are! Seriously, I disliked these songs (the lyrics for We 3, the vocals in Summer of Drugs), but now - I constantly play them. :lol: I am addicted to these songs now!

I love you Soul Asylum! What other surprises do you have in store for me? ;)
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

lune ellise wrote:
zany wrote:got my hopes up there!
I feel your pain, Zany. :cry:

But there's an upside (a Silver Lining) to it. The more I wait for a new SA material, the more I come to appreciate them more.

You wouldn't believe it, but I just discovered how powerful the songs We 3 and Summer Of Drugs are! Seriously, I disliked these songs (the lyrics for We 3, the vocals in Summer of Drugs), but now - I constantly play them. :lol: I am addicted to these songs now!

I love you Soul Asylum! What other surprises do you have in store for me? ;)
You actually disliked We 3? That's always been one of my favorite SA songs. I absolutely love the lyrics in it, and relate to the song way too well. For different reasons than the song, but the lyrics still work in other situations as well. I remember being so happy the first time I saw the guys break out that song. It was just great to see it in concert. It's funny, as much as I love seeing the rockers that SA has, when it comes down to it, the slow songs tend to be my favorites .. . . Lonely For You, We 3, Freak Accident, Black Star, etc. Hmm, it also seems that there's a pattern that my favorite songs of the band never get a proper release either, I suppose that's a separate issue altogether though.

Phil

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

philipgar wrote:You actually disliked We 3?
Yeah - and believe me, now that I think of it, I could not remember how i could not like it! The song is absolute genius and somehow, I didn't just get its beauty before...

Or maybe I didn't quite experience the fullness of life yet, that's why I haven't grasped its meaning?
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

andrewttw
Inmate

Post by andrewttw »

Lets have some more Shows in Europe please! Although I guess that is just being too damm greedy! After all there is 1 show scheduled in Europe for the 1st time in 13 years!

Looking through the past show history I believe the Victoria show it will be the first time the band will ever have played in Spain which is great but it would be nice if they could also come to England and other European countries as well while there over here in Europe.

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Sorry to get your hopes up...now!

uhm... interesting you say... I think that means new material and I am hoping for it. Seriously, they both must be writing songs. That is just what they do. I am sure both of them have enough songs in a box somewhere to put out a new album (oops) CD. We have a single already. And Dave said he was going to be writing more... Or maybe he said he should be writing more.

Maybe if we beg :!: :?: :!: :?:

I am willing to!

Judgmental Patient
Social Butterfly

Post by Judgmental Patient »

I don't think anyone looks at Let's All Kill Each Other as a single
What happened son, you could have been someone
You could have been much more

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Why not? Because it is part of a trilogy?