2009 May 15th - Azkena Rock Festival, Vitoria, Spain

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
pirner1981
Lone Rider

Two more months to come

Post by pirner1981 »

Hi everyone,

GREAT!!! Like I wrote before, I am going all the way from the Czech Republic just to see Soul Asylum in Vitoria. I´ve seen them couple of times before, but I have never seen them in Europe. So I am really excited. Does any1 know if it is possible to buy a tickets right at the festival? Would be great to meet another fans of Soul Asylum in Vitoria. I am sure I will.

Peace, love and SOUL ASYLUM

Iva

andrewttw
Inmate

Re: 15th May 09 - Azkena Rock Festival - Vitoria, Spain

Post by andrewttw »

Yes thats great news that they’ve finally been added to the official festival website, should be pretty certain that it will happen now!

I’ve seen quite a few shows over the past 2 years on several trips to the USA but have also never seen the band in Europe and can’t believe my luck that there finnally playing a show in Europe in May as I'm heading to Australia for a year in August and therefore won't be going back to the USA for quite some time.

The Black Crowe’s are the headline act but Soul Asylum are second billing so I would imagine they would still get a good length set list. an hour and a quarter probably.

It looks like you can book tickets through the festival website on this link for 49.10 Euros with the service fees. The only problem is it takes you through to the Spanish Ticketmaster website and its all in Spanish so could do with a translator!

http://www.azkenarockfestival.com/arf/i ... radas.html

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Sounds like this is gonna be a good concert! Saw The Black Crowes a couple of years ago and they put on a pretty good show also.

Andrew how are you gonna handle not seeing Soul Asylum for a whole year?! Ah but I'm sure you are gonna have a blast in Australia!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

andrewttw
Inmate

Post by andrewttw »

Twiddly Dee wrote: Andrew how are you gonna handle not seeing Soul Asylum for a whole year?! Ah but I'm sure you are gonna have a blast in Australia!
I really don't know think I might get severe withdrawal symptoms :-)

You never know though now the band has started to spread it's wings and tour worldwide again! 1st South America, then Europe so next on the list has to surley be Australia!

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

Australia you say? That makes perfect sense for a country SA can go to and play, they can tour with Mark Olson and Gary Louris who happen to be doing a 3 show Australia tour in May 2009 ! :mrgreen:

/end thread jack
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

andrewttw
Inmate

Post by andrewttw »

Yeah I'm going to live & work over there for a year from Mid August so May would be too early for me. It would make perfect sense though to be the next long haul show for the band, they were very popular down under and I believe Australia is where their ex drummer Ian now lives so could be ideal if Michael could not make it.

Anyway back to the Victoria Spain show I've found a website where you can buy tickets from in English

http://www.ticktackticket.com/entradas/ ... ves=.21055

Single day tickets are 49.10 Euros including service charges, just bought mine, don't know how popular this festival will be but many summer festivals in England at least sell out well in Advance so didn’t want to take any chances of buying them later.

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Anyone from the USA on here fancy a spring Vacation to Europe taking in the show, there’s some incredible spring flight deals from the USA to Europe at the moment, for Example New York to Madrid flying on 13th May retuning on 18th May for around $370 with Delta or Continental, inclusive of all charges! Also some good deals from many other US cities and other dates available.

Mid May is the perfect time of year to visit Spain, with decent warm weather without being extremely hot and because its outside of the main holiday season is not at all overcrowded like it gets in July and August.

Totally fancy this... wish I could go... so... tempting....

Meg

andrewttw
Inmate

Post by andrewttw »

crawl wrote: Totally fancy this... wish I could go... so... tempting....

Meg
Hey Meg If your temped go for it! Just did a quick search for you, Direct flights with Iberia, Chicago to Madrid on selected dates in May for $476 inclusive of all charges and you even get free Food, drink and checked luggage for that!

andrewttw
Inmate

Post by andrewttw »

Can’t believe it’s only a week today till Soul Asylum come to Europe at Last!

Got all my travel plans organised and ticket for the festival. Can’t wiat!

So who else on here is going, Iva are you still travelling there from Chech Republic?

Andrew

pirner1981
Lone Rider

Post by pirner1981 »

Hi Andrew,

yes, me and my boyfriend are definitely going. Gosh, I can´t wait.

We are gonna be in Madrid on thursday, but going to Vitoria on Friday. Are you gonna stay in Vitoria for the whole festival? I just bought one day ticket for Friday. Would be great if we could meet there. I tried to contact couple more fans from my space, but I did not get answer from anyone. So I suppose they´re not coming...

BTW.: I´ve just checked the weather at weather. com, and it says it suppose to rain next Friday. Hope not!!!!

Iva