2009 May 30th - EarthFest, Boston, MA

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Re: EarthFest: Boston, MA May 30 2009

Post by no1rockfan »

Nicole, a photo pass shouldn't be necessary to take photos, but given my current physical condition, it would be optimal for me to get good photos in that large crowd. Taking concert photos is my artwork so I've asked an online mag I work for occasionally to see about getting me a pass.

Benny
Runaway

Post by Benny »

Set times for the Earthfest show:

12-12:30pm- Local Radio 92.9 contest winner
12:40-1:30pm - Seven Mary Three
1:45-2:25pm - Shawn Mullins
2:45-3:30pm - Lemonheads
4:00-4:50pm - Soul Asylum

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Short set but I'm sure they'll bring the goods!

Benny, do you have any idea on photo policy there?

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

TravisSaves wrote:I will be driving 5 hours from NY to this show! I am super excited. I've also never seen The Lemonheads before which I am totally stoked for.
<3 Travis
Lemonheads are in great form. I've seen them twice since 2007 and Evan's been touring the whole time, just back from Australia and England.

Hours are 12 noon - around 5 pm (see Benny's post for set times above).

If someone figures out a place to meet, let me know! I'll be in Boston starting tomorrow afternoon. Gonna go pack now...

Gail

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Post by TravisSaves »

I am starting to get a bit concerned now. I will be driving 10 hours round trip from New York and, not that Soul Asylum isn't worth it because they are ALWAYS worth it, I would be so bummed if I was sitting 50,000 people deep on the lawn- making me extremely far from the stage.

Does anyone know if there is a standing section? As in, can we walk up and stand in front of the families that will simply be there to just picnic and listen to whomever is playing?

Any help would be great! I've called the Hatch Shell but nobody has returned my calls.

Thanks!

<3 Travis

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Post by TravisSaves »

Hey everyone,

I just got in touch with the radio station putting on the Earth Fest concert. The woman said that they cannot guarantee anyone to sit anywhere near the stage. I stated that my concern was that I will be driving 10 hours round trip and get stuck sitting extremely far from the stage. She mentioned that this could very well happen because a lot of people do come out to the show.

I also asked her if there was a general standing area and she said no, there is not. She said you can in fact stand close to the stage if you want- but only if people are not sitting in that area.

I am a bit lost on what to do. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Thanks!

<3 Travis

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

If it were me Travis..I would still go... specially if you are going by yourself..its easy for one person to squeeze in up front!! And you know usually in between bands playing the crowd thins..and then thats when you slip up front! Good luck if you go!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Good point Rusty.

Travis, despite the 5 hour drive, getting an early head-start to get ahead of the rush of the crowd is also something to think about. As for how early, that's something that only you can decide on. You might just need to figure out the situation and how best to or even how to squeeze in once you get there. Good luck! ;)

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

i'm excited for the show :) my friend, although she's not particularly a fan, is excited too, so that's good! travis i sent you a pm about meeting up if you want to try to find us - i have no clue if we'll get a good spot or not either, but we're going to get there around noon.
i had a 2nd concert related dream this week. it also involved oversleeping and missing the show. very odd!

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

TravisSaves wrote:I am a bit lost on what to do. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Thanks!

<3 Travis
It doesn't much matter if the commute is 5 minutes, or 10 hours, the key to getting your desired spot is to get there as early as you can.

Good Luck and have fun!

dells