[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum | EnterTheSoulAsylum.com - View topic - The Tomatoes
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 The Tomatoes 
O'Jeezer

I thought some of you might dig The Tomatoes – particularly those of you more into music at the garage, punk, rock end of the spectrum. Some of you may recognize George (on bass) from the Soul Asylum crew. He is one of the guitar techs, although he generally doesn't work the Midwest shows.

When I heard about his band, I promptly investigated by checking out a few MP3s online and I liked what I heard so I immediately got my hands on the CDs. They have two records out -- The Rise and Fall of the Tomatoes and Trendy – plus I understand there is another one in the works. The first record blends classic garage punk with some metal inflections. The second still rocks, but it has more quirky retro pop touches.

Here are a couple of videos you can check out:

Skinny Ties and All

I Gotta Dance

The Tomatoes are based in New Orleans and opened for Soul Asylum at the Baton Rouge show last spring, which I sadly did not get to see. I was hoping they might open at some other shows because I'd love to catch them live.

Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:18 pm
Inmate

I love tomato juice and tomato sauce and tomato paste and especially veggie bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches but wow...NOTHING beats Tomato MUSIC!! These guys just destroy! I'm really digging the sound of Skinny Ties.
Great noisy stuff.

:D

Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
O'Jeezer

Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:32 pm
O'Jeezer

Just realized I should probably have included this:

Dave co-produced the song "She Wore a Yellow Gas Mask," which is not actually one of my favorites (despite the stellar production :wink:).

Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:59 pm
O'Jeezer

however you like them and however you want to pronounce it, but I heard they have a gig on Dec 4th in MPLS, is anyone going ??

:mrgreen:

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:40 am
O'Jeezer

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:42 pm
Inmate

Thanks for the preview! Can't wait!

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:26 pm
Inmate

yay! Go Tomatoes! Nice Tom Robbins reference (I am assuming) in Skinny Ties and All too!

Have fun at the show Judith and everyone else who gets to be there!

Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]