2010 announced Tour Dates

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: 2010 announced Tour Dates

Post by Monolith Maniac »

It's been a while since I've had a chance to update the site but I just added 8 upcoming shows to the shows page (only the next 5 upcoming shows will be listed on the front page).

Note: Although Pollstar and Ticketmaster have dates listed for shows they are not always 100% confirmed by the management, so due to any confusion we think it's best not to post the shows on the front page until I receive an official confirmation from the management in case of changes (which has already happened in the past year). Still feel free to post shows you have found though (we just don't want to have info that might turn out false on the front page since more people read it).
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Hey Martin,

Welcome aboard! It is great that you will be here for the show. I am not sure about tickets yet but as this is only 20min from my house, I will be definitely be going and keeping up on the news for it. Any one interested in pre/post meetings or information on the area can contact me.

Closer to the date we will start a thread just for the show. It looks like it might be a community festival that you don't really need advance tickets for. I will make sure to keep you posted. Can even p/u tickets if you can't get from there.

Many thanks to our fearless leaders for keeping us informed!

Meg

Rebel Yell5
Runaway

Post by Rebel Yell5 »

crawl wrote:Hey Martin,

Welcome aboard! It is great that you will be here for the show. I am not sure about tickets yet but as this is only 20min from my house, I will be definitely be going and keeping up on the news for it. Any one interested in pre/post meetings or information on the area can contact me.

Closer to the date we will start a thread just for the show. It looks like it might be a community festival that you don't really need advance tickets for. I will make sure to keep you posted. Can even p/u tickets if you can't get from there.

Many thanks to our fearless leaders for keeping us informed!

Meg

Actually the New Lenox show does have a cost attached. The article here seems to indicate that. does this perhaps mean for close seats like the show SA did at a fair in WI in 2008? The link and article are below.

http://www.newlenoxpatriot.com/Articles ... rmers.html

Village announces summer concert performers

by Laura MichaelsFebruary 23, 2010 | 09:22 AM

The Village of New Lenox will follow up the success of its inaugural Triple Play Concert Series with a slate of six bands performing over three weekends this summer.

First to take the stage will be The Smithereens and Soul Asylum on Saturday, June 19, followed by Fastball and Survivor on Saturday, Aug. 14. Closing out the series on Saturday, Sept. 4, will be Blue Oyster Cult and Kansas.

Tickets go on sale March 15 at the village hall, 1 Veterans Parkway, and will be sold for $50 to New Lenox residents only until April 30. After May 1, ticket sales will open to non-residents and all tickets will be $60.

Similar to last year, local food vendors will be on site in the Commons, and beverages will also be sold.

Check out next week's Patriot for the full story on this summer's concert series.
See You Later

Rebel Yell5
Runaway

Post by Rebel Yell5 »

Here is another article. I may have a contact to get me tickets early. A resident! Thank the lord.

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/20664 ... ts.article

New Lenox doubles fun
At summer concert series, big-name bands are the ticket
Comments

February 24, 2010

BY SUSAN DEMAR LAFFERTY
Music lovers can double their fun at this summer's Triple Play Concert Series in New Lenox.

Two big-name bands will take the stage in the Commons performing arts pavilion on three Saturday nights, all for one ticket price of $50.

Mayor Tim Baldermann announced this year's lineup in a musical and comical PowerPoint presentation at Monday's village board meeting, just in case those tuning in were more familiar with the songs than the artists. The mayor's presentation listed the following:

• June 19: The Smithereens ("Girl Like You," "Blood and Roses") and Soul Asylum ("Runaway Train," "Somebody to Shove").

• Aug. 14: Fastball ("The Way," "Out of My Head") and Survivor ("Eye of the Tiger," "Is This Love").

• Sept. 4: Blue Oyster Cult ("Don't Fear the Reaper," "Godzilla") and Kansas ("Dust in the Wind," "Point of No Return").

"These groups are phenomenal," Trustee Annette Bowden said, crediting Baldermann for his efforts in negotiating the contracts.

"Our intent is to provide great quality entertainment for our residents," the mayor said. "We want to make this affordable."

Beer prices will be the same as last year, and the free shuttle bus service to and from the Metra parking lot will continue. Ticket prices are up, but the number of bands has doubled. The first concert series last summer featured one popular band on each of the three nights for $30.

Residents of the 60451 zip code will be able to buy the $50 tickets from March 15 through April 30. Beginning May 1, tickets will be available to the general public for $60. All tickets sales will be at village hall, 1 Veterans Parkway, and will be limited to 5,000.

On concert dates, the park will open at 4:30 p.m., with a local band taking the stage at 5 p.m. The first band will play at 6:45 p.m. and the second at 9 p.m.

Proceeds from the concert series will pay for free events in the Commons, including Sunday night concerts, movies, July 4 fireworks, KidsFest and Christmas activities
See You Later

Ba11
Marionette

Post by Ba11 »

I hop SA comes to Boston in the summer. I saw them last spring in Boston, and Dave took me backstage before the show-that was fun.

The last few times they played Boston prior to last spring the played at "The Paradise Rock Club" Which is an 18+ venue which which sucks because I'm 14. I know they will hit Boston on their summer tour which the have added a few to already, but they have to play at a venue that's not 18+.

pathorses
O'Jeezer

Post by pathorses »

bump for Fayetteville AND Orlando!

LoveSA120
Lone Rider

Post by LoveSA120 »

So, for the New Lennox show, it's 60 bucks even if you just want to go to one of the three shows??? They don't have single show tickets?

Rebel Yell5
Runaway

Post by Rebel Yell5 »

LoveSA120 wrote:So, for the New Lennox show, it's 60 bucks even if you just want to go to one of the three shows??? They don't have single show tickets?
Good question. I am not sure if you can do single tickets. I hope you can. I am not sure I would want to go to all the other shows anyway. I think a call to New Lenox town hall may be in order.
See You Later

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Yeah, I don't wanna pay for two concerts I'm not gonna go to. Even if I did live out there I wouldn't go to all of them. I think I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than sit through a whole Kansas set! I imagine there have to be more people out there and not just SA fans that don't want to pay the 60 bucks for all three shows. Maybe if enough of us call and complain they'll do separate tickets :P

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Rebel Yell5
Runaway

Post by Rebel Yell5 »

AlyssaJones wrote:Yeah, I don't wanna pay for two concerts I'm not gonna go to. Even if I did live out there I wouldn't go to all of them. I think I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than sit through a whole Kansas set! I imagine there have to be more people out there and not just SA fans that don't want to pay the 60 bucks for all three shows. Maybe if enough of us call and complain they'll do separate tickets :P

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
I know it is not too great a deal if it is one price for all shows deal.

An article with a link to more information:
http://chicagopressrelease.com/press-re ... -announced

www.newlenox.net.

This summer’s Triple Play Concert Series will feature twice as many bands in the New Lenox Commons.

This year’s line-up will include The Smithereens and Soul Asylum on June 19, Fastball and Survivor on Aug. 14 and Blue Oyster Cult and Kansas on Sept. 4.

One ticket, good for all three shows, is $50 for New Lenox residents and will go on sale March 15 at the village hall, 1 Veterans Parkway. Tickets for the general public are $60 and will be available May 1.

More information is at www.newlenox.net.

I just got a Pollstar alert Soul Asylum will be playing Chicago on Sunday, July 25, 2010.
See You Later