2010 May 30th - Rockville Town Center, Rockville, MD

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
drobe05
Lone Rider

Rockville, MD show

Post by drobe05 »

Is anyone going this sunday to teh show in Rockville, MD. We are going and I am taking my daughter to her first show, she is pumped. I can't belive they are playing a half hour from where I live!! I have had to fly to TN and CT to see them the last two times!!
I came just for the ride...

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: Rockville, MD show

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I'm just moving this topic from the "General Discussion" forum since the subject has more to do with "On the Road". ;)
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Judgmental Patient
Social Butterfly

Re: Rockville, MD show

Post by Judgmental Patient »

I just found out about it, I'm going and I can't freakin wait!!
What happened son, you could have been someone
You could have been much more

drobe05
Lone Rider

2010 May 30th - Rockville Town Center, Rockville, MD

Post by drobe05 »

The show rocked, they played Stranger!! and Dave was gettin' it on the harmonica, also new world was good too other wise the regular set from the last year or so, New World and Stranger took the place of oxygen and sometime to return, My daughter loved it she was up on my shoulders rockin' out and singing, she got to give Dave a high 5 when he left prior to the encore. The encore was weird they came out and did all kind of crazy zeplin covers and other random parts of songs, when the finaly did start stand up and be strong it was almost 10:20 and about a third into the song the promotor TURNED OFF THE SPEAKERS and then TURNED OFF THE LIGHTS!, Dave and the boys were pissed, he waved, dropped his guitar and walked off the stage, Dan was talking to someone off the side of the stage pleading the case, but it was too late and they powered them down.....very strange, I guesss they will never this close to where I live again after that!
I came just for the ride...

Judgmental Patient
Social Butterfly

Re: Show in MD on May 30th

Dave hung around after the show and talked to a bunch of us, and did pictures and autographs and stuff. That was pretty awesome. I saw the setlist, Sometime to Return was supposed to open the encore, guess they decided to do some classic rock instead.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Wow, that sucks that they pulled the plug on 'em. Really, what a shitty thing to do to a band. Even if they were running overtime, it was their LAST song. If I lived in Rockville I'd write a very strong-worded editorial to the local paper.

That aside, who was on bass? George or that Pete Donnely guy?

Rich
Stranger

Post by Rich »

AlyssaJones wrote:That aside, who was on bass? George or that Pete Donnely guy?
It was Pete on bass.

What a show! Great set (I finally got to hear Stranger live!), and the crowd seemed to be into the entire show, not just the hits. Can't remember the exact setlist, but it was something like this:

Somebody To Shove
All Is Well
Misery
Lately (with an impromptu verse of "Free Bird" at the beginning)
Easy Street
Black Gold
Without A Trace
New World
Stranger
Just Like Anyone
Cartoon
Gone Til November
String Of Pearls
Never Really Been
Runaway Train
Closer To The Stars
Bittersweetheart
Slowly Rising (after the song, Dave jumped off the stage directly in front of us and handed my daughter his guitar pick)

encore:
Rock N Roll (plus snippets of other Zeppelin, Sabbath & Stray Cats songs)
Stand Up And Be Strong (power cut)

I think that's everything they played; not sure if the order is correct. As mentioned before, Dave hung around afterwards and chatted, signed stuff and took pictures. I wanted to ask him if they'd consider pulling out "Veil Of Tears" at some point in the future, but forgot about it by the time I said hello.

Anyway, as I said before, it was a great show! Hope they come back to the area soon!

Judgmental Patient
Social Butterfly

Setlist looks about right, only thing I noticed missing was Whatcha Need, featuring Dave's hilarious banter with Michael and subsequent guitar solo. It really was an awesome show.

Rich
Stranger

Post by Rich »

Judgmental Patient wrote:Setlist looks about right, only thing I noticed missing was Whatcha Need, featuring Dave's hilarious banter with Michael and subsequent guitar solo. It really was an awesome show.
You're right, I can't believe I forgot that one!