2010 July 10th - Peterson Park, McHenry, IL

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
levybaxter
Runaway

July 10 show

Post by levybaxter »

What happened to the July 10 show in McHenry, Illinois?

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: July 10 show

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I must have accidentally taken it down when listing another concert. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Speaking of this show, who's all going? I'll be there.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

eeyoretigger
Marionette

Post by eeyoretigger »

I'm planning on going as well. Pre-purchased tickets a long time ago when the show was first announced but still have yet to receive them....

mrsromek
Inmate

2010 July 10th - Peterson Park, McHenry, IL

Post by mrsromek »

A group of us will be heading to this show. Last time I was there for this fest was when they had Survivor about 7 years ago. There was a goofy hill and fences in front of the stage then, but I am not sure what their set up is now.

I really wish See You Later would make a return to the setlist!!!!

crawl
Social Butterfly

Re: McHenry on 7/10

Post by crawl »

See you later would be awesome! Course Stranger is mighty nice, just watching a video of April Fool, how cool. (Sisterhood thread!)

Personally, I think I see something familiar in each and every face! Stressful week, could really use a Brand New Shine. Lucky, I had someone to teach me to Breathe!! Now i think I can get through the next two PITA weeks, two shows to look forward to Yippee! Oh and with Lincoln Park it is actually We 3 (Poet and didn't know it). Will this show actually be in Lincoln Park or will I be Wondering around Oz Park, thankful for a guy on a cell phone who called up and found we were not alone...

Ramble on! Happy 4th!

Homesick for the home I never had!

mrsromek
Inmate

Post by mrsromek »

A couple of us will be there as well! I've been to this fest before....not too special, but a hell of a band (SA) will definitely help!

CULater
Caged Rat

Post by CULater »

So, what's the set-up like here? Plenty of room to roam? Any seating areas (not that anyone will be sitting), but just curious what the stage area is like since I've never been there before.....
"I've learned to accept and not to expect - the respect and neglect that I get. And I try not to forget about what hasn't happened yet.....""

mrsromek
Inmate

Post by mrsromek »

Last time I was there, there was a barricaded fence about 20 feet out from the stage. Idiots had lawn chairs there, and then plenty of room to wiggle up to the fence. Go to McHenry's site, and you can kind of get an idea of the fence I am talking about. I remember the fencing being on the side far out as well.

Did you ever get your tix? We're just paying at the gate.

mrsromek
Inmate

Post by mrsromek »

Just got home from this amazing show! No SEE YOU LATER, but they did play OXYGEN, so I was OK with that. Set list was similar to what they have have been playing...but, Dave added "this seems like a Rhinestone Cowboy crowd tonight" and they played it! SOMEBODY TO SHOVE was near the end...I would go and see them each time just to hear that....

OK....95.1 WIIL and 97.9 LOOP FM were radio sponsors. WTF?!?!? Neither station even owns a SA song. Too bad. 97.9 can keep playing Billy Squier and 95.1 can keep playing Puddle of Mudd. What a joke!!

Dave, Dan & Michael (who got into a van literally 5 minutes after the show was over and one of the festival employees kindly took my photo to him) signed my photos after the show which was nice.

I also asked Dan about the new LP (because when I saw them last summer in Chicago at the Landshark Fest, he mentioned them hitting the studio a few days later after that gig)...he said they already have 3 songs recorded!! I also was asking Dan about Tommy's gig with GNR and all...any good stories, etc....he said he gets paid more with GNR....I said that I bet playing with SA is a bit more relaxed (due to the fact that Axl is probably the most unpredictable frontman in the history of R&R-but he can sing his ass off)....get this one...Dan told me that SA toured with GNR in Europe in 1992....along with Blind Melon and The Cult on the bill! Anyone on these boards see any of those shows?

When Dave came over to the side of the "goofy fence" I told them I'd be seeing them in Chicago on the 25th and that I think they should add SEE YOU LATER to the setlist. He said a lot of people do request that one. He then laughed...I said "you don't practice that one?" He responded...."does it look like we practice?" Classic.

Dave was holding court with some fans near the "goofy fence" after the show. I loved how he commented on that during their set....something along the lines of "don't get too close to the stage, kids"...some towns just don't have a clue.

In closing, I'd really like to see SEE YOU LATER and maybe even I'LL STILL BE LAUGHING added back to the setlist. I miss hearing WE 3 as well, featuring Dave on the keys.
Last edited by mrsromek on Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Great night for a concert especially since the whole day it looked like it was gonna rain; lots of mosquitoes though. Dave mentioned a few jokes about bug spray. Dave told a bunch of other jokes, including the antenna/reception one.

The stage was up on a small hill and at the bottom (about 50 feet) of the aforementioned "goofy fence" was the front row. The park was located right off the shore of one of the many lakes in the area.

About a minute before the end of the concert some guy runs up to Dave who was singing on the hill and starts to do Dave's Bittersweetheart hip-wiggle; the security got on him quick. At the end of the concert Dave just fell down and seemed to play dead for a minute.

This was probably the first concert I recall them not playing Stand Up and Be Strong at all (I know it got cut short a while back). While it did seem a little awkward not to hear it, Rhinestone Cowboy definitely made up for it.

Dave, Dan, and Tommy were hanging out back for a good half hour talking and signing autographs for everyone. Great time; past 2 outdoor concerts (this and New Lenox) have been a blast... great crowds, awesome atmosphere.

Setlist

Just Like Anyone
All is Well
Misery - Silly Love Songs
Lately
Cartoon - Gone 'Til November
Whatcha Need
Black Gold
Without A Trace
New World
Easy Street
Oxygen