2010 July 15th - Festival of The Lakes, Hammond, IN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

2010 July 15th - Festival of The Lakes, Hammond, IN

Post by no1rockfan »

I'm gonna be there, and so is the band! Who else will be there?

Gail

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Re: Festival of The Lakes - Hammond, IN - July 15, 2010

Post by LittleTooClean »

If all goes well I will be there ! :)

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Planning on it!

LoveSA120
Lone Rider

Post by LoveSA120 »

Since they are the "opening" band, does anyone know if they are playing a full set or just a 45 minute sort of deal?

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

I'd love to meet any and all of you... I'll post what I'm wearing on Thursday. I'm thinking it will be a green St. Patrick's Day shirt from Savannah, GA. :D

My name is Gail, just to remind you. I'm traveling a long way for this show, so show me some love!

rydshelt
Lone Rider

Post by rydshelt »

Soul Asylum is the headliner in Hammond and will likely play 90 min. Candlebox is the opener they start at 7pm.

-R

LoveSA120
Lone Rider

Post by LoveSA120 »

Are you sure? According to the information on the website for this event, they have Soul Asylum listed as the opening band.

http://festival.gohammond.com/index.php?schedule

Rebel Yell5
Runaway

Post by Rebel Yell5 »

I agree it did say on the site that Candelbox was the headliner. I am not sure why Candlebox is the headliner and not Soul Asylum. I will be going. I just hope the weather holds out.
See You Later

mrsromek
Inmate

Post by mrsromek »

Anyone have a report, or a set list? With those two bands, who cares who opens and closes? Knowing the laid back personalities of Dave and Kevin, I bet they joked about it backstage!!! :)

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Set list

Somebody to Shove
All is Well
Misery (no silly love songs)
Lately
Black Gold
Without a Trace
New World
Easy Streets
Watcha Need
Slowly Rising
String of Pearls
Never Really Been
Runaway Train
Closer to the Stars
BitterSweet
Just Like Anyone

Stand Up on the list but we did not get an Encore

Pretty Sure other than stand up they played just the set list. I took a picture of one.

Everyone in fine form. Dave really shredding it on Slowly Rising and Easy Streets in a way more so than on Watcha Need guitar solo. Both Slowly Rising and Easy Steets totally smoked. Danny playing slide with a water bottle (awesome!!) Tommy stepping out more and more seems like it took him a couple of shows to get back into the band groove but he seems to be there now. More and more little drum solos from Michael. Always awesome!

No jokes. Best joke was from George... BP can contain a crowd but they can't contain an oil spill. Hammond is right by BP, and BP was a sponsor. (side note: Just talked to a friend who was in Bilox and said it is so bizzarre the sand is still white but the water is black.)

It was by a very nice lake, not as nice as McHenry and probably had two headed fish. Area surrounding is like an industrial waste land. Stage very nice so think they are trying to make the place nicer. Lots of folks there for Candlebox.

Directly in front of the stage was all fenced off for VIP's, which apparently I am not! Not that we were all that far back and in a way it was a nice change to be back far enough to really hear how it sounds for most of the crowd and get the view of the whole stage. Crowd around us was very nice. Course missed being close.

Closer to the Stars always a fave. And really rocking out to Bittersweet. Just like anyone is always one of my personal favorites.

Lousy beer again but the Mojitos were actually pretty good! Only saw a few SA fans, mostlly people seemed to be there for Candlebox, we did not stay. Looked for Gail (green shirt) but didn't see.

Best Shirt: Red Shirt said BITE ME on the back advertising a peroigie place 8-).