[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum | EnterTheSoulAsylum.com - View topic - 2010 Sep. 11th - Union County Union Festival, Clark, NJ
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 2010 Sep. 11th - Union County Union Festival, Clark, NJ 
Inmate

2010 September 11 - Clark, NJ
Union County Music Festival

Somebody to Shove
All Is Well
Misery / (Silly Love Songs)
Lately
Cartoon >
Gone ' Til November
Whatcha Need
Black Gold
Without a Trace
When I Ran Off and Left Her
Gravity
Just Like Anyone
Into the Light
String of Pearls
Runaway Train
Stand Up and Be Strong
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Whatcha Need: "Cold Beer", "Sunscreen" ("because sunscreen and Rock and Roll go so well together"), "Some of This" (implied drum solo)

Dave's Joke: "Why Does Snoop Dogg always carry an umbrella around? Fo'Drizzle."

String Of Pearls played by request, inserted into the setlist in place of Never Really Been.

Bittersweetheart on setlist after Runaway Train but not played. The full band didn't appear on stage 'til well after 2:30, the official starting time.

Didn't see too many familiar faces in the crowd, but a good number of people up front seemed to be rocking out and knowing most of the lyrics. More relaxed crowd than the Oyster Fest in Milford, not as many beer drinkers here. More of a family atmosphere. Nice to see Kenn at the show, rockin out. He got the (partial) lyrics to Into the Light and will post them in due time.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:52 pm
Inmate

As always and as expected, Soul Asylum was great! They never ever let me down. My fiance and I (we were as close to the stage as you could physically get- we stood right in front of Dan) drove in from Long Island, NY, stood in our spots for a little over an hour (so we didn't lose our great spots), and had an absolute blast! They are still my favorite band of all time.

I am beyond stoked for the new album, whenever that will be!

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:16 am
Stranger

I went to the concert too and thought it was great! One of my friends went to the aftershow and said that Dave was there the whole night and she even got a picture with him! I knew I should've gont to the aftershow :(

Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:04 am
O'Jeezer

Just a quick comment (I wasn't at this show), but reading on the JFP, I have to post this quote "During Mike Peters' set, Dave Pirner came out and did a great Elvis impersonation, singing Blue Suede Shoes!" Did anyone else catch this, I always love Dave doing elvis up on stage, works so well.

Phil

Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Was at the UC Muscifest show on Saturday and Soul Asylum was amazing. They played a good mix of hits and some songs that were not hits. I wish they had played Bittersweet Heart but they played such an awesome set I can't complain. Just great to see them on such an amazing day. They were the highlight, one of my fave bands, and hope they play the area again soon. I did see Dave Pirner sing with Mike Peters, he did a great Elvis voice and rocked the crowd to Blue Suede Shoes. I took a ton of pics and video and if I can post them I will.
Fo' Drizzle. lol

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:16 pm
Inmate

It was a great show!

I got backstage passes!

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:26 pm
Inmate

Dave said they have 4 or 5 songs done and the album will probably be out next April.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:28 pm
Inmate

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
O'Jeezer

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

the CD will come out when there ready and able to finish it. they already given us so much every thing else is a bonus. i cant wait for it though. at least there still touring.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]