[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum | EnterTheSoulAsylum.com - View topic - 2012 Aug. 31st - Hy-Vee Triathlon, Des Moines, Iowa
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 2012 Aug. 31st - Hy-Vee Triathlon, Des Moines, Iowa 
The Judge

Friday, August 31st, 2012

Hy-Vee Triathlon
Downtown Des Moines, Iowa

http://www.hy-veetriathlon.com/

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:19 am
Profile WWW
O'Jeezer

I might try and make this one as I was planning on heading home to KC over that weekend. Anyone else thinking of going?

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:56 am
O'Jeezer

OK, there is a SA show associated with this right? I couldn't find any info, but that website is not very SA fan friendly.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:58 am
O'Jeezer

Since I used to live in Ames (a little north of Des Moines), I tried finding some information for this. I think there is some sort of triathlon event happening during the weekend: http://www.hy-veetriathlon.com/pre-race ... dules.aspx

That said, it doesn't list anyone for any concert.

Apparently the Gin Blossoms were there last year: http://www.hy-veetriathlon.com/press-re ... ncert.aspx

That might give you an idea of what streets to look for. I think that was near the Simon Estes Amphitheater; if so, you might be able to park on the bridge by there. That is where I parked if I went to Simon Estes Amphitheater.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:56 pm
The Judge

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:32 am
Profile WWW
Inmate

Could certainly do with more info on this! I'm assuming Soul Asylum are the headline band?

I'm in Minneapolis till early September & I see Des Moines is only a four hour drive away, so would love to goto this!

Only slight problem is I don't drive!

So Anyone in the Twin Cities planning to go to this & drive then let me know & I will gladly share gas costs!

Andrew

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

There's always Greyhound.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:42 pm
Inmate

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:31 pm
O'Jeezer

What a fun show that was! The guys were having a great time, great hearing whatcha need with the solo and the Dave / Michael banter. Dave forgetting to play his harmonica on The Juice and Dan reminding him with a grin. I had fun despite the annoying drunk guys behind me going on and on about Runaway Train, and I finally had to tell them to shut up! And they left, lady next to me thanked me. Des Moines really seemed stuck in the 90's with their choice of pre show music. But it was a free show, so you gotta expect drunks requesting RT. It was a really fun show to watch though.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:17 pm
O'Jeezer

So where exactly in "downtown Des Moines" was this show?

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next