View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Dave Pirner confirms new Soul Asylum album! 
Inmate

Dave Pirner confirms that the new Soul Asylum album is almost done! The interview can be seen and heard here:

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:43 am
The Judge

One word...

AWESOME!

Wow, definitely wasn't expecting an answer coming THAT quick. Although when you're waiting 6+ years between albums, an answer 8 months after the last one definitely makes up for it. Still, you got to factor everything else that goes into it, until one is released. ;)

Whatever the case may be, very excited to hear that from Dave. Seems like a lot of progression has been going on these past months with the guys, amongst all the shows, interviews, and with all the time in the studio they've been in.

Okay, that was more than one word.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:43 am
Profile WWW
Inmate

Exciting!!!!!!!
(OK do we start a new thread where we speculate how soon an 'almost done' album will actually get released??? I think i'm getting the hang of being around for new album releases now on this board ; )
i'm going to guess spring 2014.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:46 am
Inmate

Yes,
not only how soon will it be released, but it's a question of new songs or is it the cover song project that they've been talking about. I'd prefer new, but either would be good.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:44 am
Inmate

Whatever it may be...with the overall consensus that the shows have been great and now with news of a new record...so glad Soul Asylum is carrying on! Much better than the alternative (early demise) suggested by some just a few months ago!

Great job, Mr. Pirner, and Love Live Rock! :P

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:19 pm
Inmate

The new guy is playing a left handed guitar... I never noticed before.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

I heard that live on the air Monday and just thought, "Yeeeeahhhhhh OKAY, I'll believe it when I see it."

I mean, it's great news regardless, but Delayed Reaction was "almost done" three years ago. I'm sure that whatever they've got going is something to definitely be excited about, but I think it's going to be a little while before we see anything from it.

Of course, with the new guys and all the increased productivity, I suppose anything's possible.

I just think that announcing a record as "almost done" this soon after Delayed Reaction means that there isn't going to be much all-new material on it and it'll be more re-hashed old tunes and maybe some of the punk covers. And I'm not even saying that because of their track record with albums, I'm saying that because this can't possibly have been in the works for more than 6 months tops, and not even the hottest, highest paid acts today can finish an album that quickly.

But anyway, all Debbie Downer-ing aside, this is exciting news and whatever this project consists of, I'm on board and ready to hear what they've got. :D

Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:16 pm
Inmate

It is certainly good news!!!

Taking into consideration that the last 2 albums were released during summer and the fact that, in my opinion, 1 year is the minimum distance between 2 albums, i would say that...the album will come to us in late July-August 2013!!!

The new form of SA needs to make a relationship with us and a new album is the best way to do this. So I definitely expect a new album in 2013.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:11 am
Stranger

A co-worker of mine works at the studio that Soul Asylum recorded at in Minneapolis. They had two weeks reserved in late January, early February. Excited to hear that this has been confirmed.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:21 pm
Inmate

This is a great move for the band! First, a proper tour, and not just scattered dates, and now new tunes with the new lineup. Dave rules!!!

Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]