[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum | EnterTheSoulAsylum.com - View topic - 2013 Oct. 9th - 9:30 Club, Washington, D.C.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 2013 Oct. 9th - 9:30 Club, Washington, D.C. 
Marionette

Just saw this show listed on the 9:30 website

http://www.930.com

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Marionette

Never mind, it's gone now

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:30 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

It's listed on the their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/SoulAsylum/app_308540029359

Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:20 pm
Marionette

Maybe the 9:30 jumped the gun in listing the show. The Fountains Of Wayne website says they're announcing the Soul Asylum/Evan Dando East Coast & Midwest dates on the 8th.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:02 am
Profile WWW
Inmate

Leaving now. Soul Asylum goes on at 9.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

Make that 8:45

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

OH my GOD.

The killed it!!!

I NEVER expected them to open the set with Growing Into You, and my God, they ROCKED it.

They also did Marionette, Little Too Clean, April Fool, 99%, Summer of Drugs, and IWSBL, all of which I'd never seen live.

Was a little disappointed not to hear Cartoon and Bittersweetheart, which I feel are their strongest numbers, but worth it to get some variety. Didn't mind Stand Up and Be Strong getting left off at all.

Oh and Justin Sharbono is SUCH a great fit. Incredible interplay with Dave and Winston. I was a little skeptical, but he is SO good. My favorite part of the show was when Dave's guitar wasn't tuned right for "Never Really Been" and while he was getting it fixed, Justin and Mike did some muzak to fill the silence. Dave came back and asked, "which one is that?" After he was caught up, Justin played the opening chord to "Party in the USA", and I died laughing at the look on Winston's face.

Edit: Also LOVE how they did Closer to the Stars. Started acoustic, traded to electric after the first verse.

Damn this was a good show. Probably as well put-together as I've ever seen them.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:04 am
Profile WWW
Inmate

RE: Cartoon and Bittersweetheart - those are Dan Murphy songs. Don't expect to hear them again. They haven't played any of his stuff since he left.

I agree that Justin and Winston have positive energy on stage, and that Dave seems to like having them up there. He often will rock out with Winston especially.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:39 pm
Inmate

Wow, I didn't know Bittersweetheart was a Dan song.

I guess I understand, but it's too bad, because those two songs KILL live. Pretty sad to think I'll never see them played again. Maybe once some time passes, who knows.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

Nah, it's really more of one of those co-authored jobs like Easy Street that they did together. They always sang the "are you out there, are you beating, beating me up, etc." part together, but it was mostly Dave singing. They don't NEED Dan to do it, but I can understand them not wanting to.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next