[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum | EnterTheSoulAsylum.com - View topic - 2010 July 4th - Uncle Sam Jam, Washington, DC
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 2010 July 4th - Uncle Sam Jam, Washington, DC 
Stranger

Soul Asylum is now playing a Fourth of July Festival in DC called The Uncle Sam Jam.

They're set to play for at least two hours and you can see the DC fireworks right from where they're playing. There's also a bunch of other bands including Virginia Coalition.

Looks like it'll be pretty cool and tickets are only $10. You can see all the details about the festival by going to http://www.theunclesamjam.com

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:02 pm
Inmate

Man, if this show were at any other time of the year we'd probably make the trip down there, but I can't imagine what the traffic is like there on July 4th. Nothing says patriotism like gettin' stuck in traffic on the Capital Beltway! :lol:

I'm seein' 'em in 2 weeks though anyway so I don't really NEED to go to this show. I hope everyone going has a great time though. :mrgreen:

And on a completely unrelated note, if you are going to this show and you visit the National Mall, please don't bathe in the WWII memorial.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:25 am
Inmate

So bummed. Had to work :cry:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

Anybody go?? How about Rochester June 26, any reviews please?

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:43 pm
O'Jeezer

well I'm in DC vacationing right now, with kids in tow. But since this show was 21+, means no family friendly event there. Bummer.

And the only other show this summer I was looking at, well the tickets are $80+ each. I am going to have to pass on that one as well. Bummer #2

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:08 am
Inmate

21+ shows are so stupid. It's not fair if some kid or some parent with kids has to miss out on seeing a band just so some other jackasses can drink. You don't have to drink alcohol, you know. In fact, it's actually bad for you! I don't understand why drinking has to be such an important thing in our society, so much to the point that venues don't let kids into concerts because OTHER people want to act like idiots and get drunk. And why would you have an outdoor non-family friendly event on a holiday like the Fourth of July? Holidays are for families!

Oh well, I'm glad I didn't try to go to this one.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]