Dave Pirner on new WTIHIN TEMPTATION ALBUM

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: Dave Pirner on new WTIHIN TEMPTATION ALBUM

Post by Monolith Maniac »

lampros wrote:The song does it well also in Greece. This is the TOP10 from the most popular rock music radio station based in Thessaloniki.
http://rockradio.gr/el/index.php/rockradio-top10
I'm surprised it's the version with Dave considering it's getting high airplay overseas (though I'm definitely not complaining). For those not aware there is another version featuring Polish singer Piotr Rogucki (yes, I know he's not Greek). This song is exactly the same as Dave's version (Dave's vocals are just replaced with Piotr's), otherwise there is no difference whatsoever.

I don't mind his version, but I do like Dave's better (and I'm not just saying that being an SA fan).

The video (almost exactly the same as Dave's but just shots are replaced with Piotr) and has more than double (4,000,000+) the views as Dave's though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf97F-SpBQU
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

lampros
Caged Rat

Post by lampros »

It is true that the video with the Polish artist/singer has more views. I guess the singer is very popular in his country (~38.5 millions inhabitants). There is no other difference between the 2 clips. I prefer Dave too. The Polish is also good but he is not Dave!!!
Collaborations with popular domestic artists could successfully bring SA in Europe even in Greece. Maybe the management of SA should consider this option as the new album approaches!!!

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

lampros wrote:It is true that the video with the Polish artist/singer has more views. I guess the singer is very popular in his country (~38.5 millions inhabitants). There is no other difference between the 2 clips. I prefer Dave too. The Polish is also good but he is not Dave!!!

Collaborations with popular domestic artists could successfully bring SA in Europe even in Greece. Maybe the management of SA should consider this option as the new album approaches!!!
As of right now:

Dave's: 2,092,559 views
Piotr's: 4,439,403 views

I agree it would be good for SA overseas and definitely great for promoting a new album.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

lampros
Caged Rat

Post by lampros »

>6,500,000 views!!! I call that a ''hit''!!!

lampros
Caged Rat

Post by lampros »

The owner of ROCK RADIO 104,7 in Thessaloniki, Greece is one of the oldest radio producers in my country (he is not too old though). He is experienced and his opinion counts. The fact that his station features the duet with Dave is not a matter of coincidence. I mean he is absolutely aware of the duet with the Polish singer, but he prefers/promotes the one with Dave. The answer is obvious: Dave rocks!!!

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

I believe that the duet with the Polish dude is only on the Polish edition of the album and in the rest of the world it has the version with Dave.

Anyway, just check their website... they'll be touring the States soon and will also be playing in Minneapolis... would be cool if Dave joined them on stage for the song.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I was just in Minneapolis and I was about to post that Within Temptation would be playing in Minneapolis soon, but you beat me to it! :)