Doom Magazine Interview

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: Doom Magazine Interview

Post by AlyssaJones »

The Entry show was the day before that, not the day after.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

AlyssaJones wrote:The Entry show was the day before that, not the day after.
Thanks Sara; fixed. :)
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Justin
Lone Rider

Post by Justin »

Hey guys. Thought I'd check in since I have a little time now that we're off the road. The show that he's referring to in the interview was in the last year. . . since we placed a moratorium on it I can't really say more than that. :)

The album is just about completely mixed and mastered and I can't wait to finally get it out into the world. We had a listening day in Los Angeles at Paul Hager's studio and it was really fun.

I did notice that this fan page is pretty outdated and there has not been a news update in over a year…goo. We are about to add some new content to the SA website. Winston's pics from last two months are killer and Dave filmed a lot of content on his little HD camera.

I'm also throwing out the idea of doing some video Q&As where you guys submit video questions and we post video answers. I will get the e-mail address figured out for that asap. Be thinking of some cool questions. As you know and have read we basically get the same played out questions over and over. The more original and unique the question the more likely we are to pick it to answer.

Peace.

Justin

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

Good interview.

I'm not familiar with the bands Dave mentioned in it.
Will have to check them out.

For whatever it's worth I think 80% of the time when musicians are upset about something gone wrong onstage, I don't notice it, even if I'm familiar with the band. I don't expect perfection from a live show, just plenty of energy. : ) If I want perfection I can stay home & listen to the recorded versions of the songs.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I like the idea of the Q&A regardless of whether it's by video.

Regarding show "issues" sometimes I could tell if a band member was really angry about something, but not all the time. I don't play music so I don't know the exact things that could go wrong. There was only one show I remember, and that was 8 years ago, that I wondered if something was up because it just seemed low energy and "off" to me until the last few songs.

lirinha
Runaway

Post by lirinha »

Very cool, Justin.
Come to Brazil, I need you here, guys.
My life revolves around you and your music means a lot to me.
I dream to meet them, to talk after the show, earning a reed autograph my cd's, vinyls and cassettes, take pictures, a lot!
Maybe even play a song with you ...
I've thought about leaving everything here several times and follow you around the world, working with music too, in addition to playing, I'm a roadie, would be an honor and unspeakable pleasure to be with you.
Please send an hello to Dave!
Big hug. Lirinha
lirinha77@yahoo.com.br

violetflame82
Marionette

Post by violetflame82 »

Monolith Maniac wrote:
mystic_spiral_3 wrote:Regarding a show that went wrong, I heard that one of the 2012 First Avenue shows around the Delayed Reaction release had some issues.
That was the show I thought he might have been referring to too. I was there and there were at least 3 or 4 things that went wrong (at least that the I could see).

Despite the problems I thought the show was great; the 7th Street Entry show the day before was super awesome though... considering it was first time they played there in years and one of Dan's last shows.
what happened exactly? like sound and instruments, sound issues or crazy people acting violent? I am just wondering now what happened , since Dave mentioned it

violetflame82
Marionette

Post by violetflame82 »

cool interview btw Thank you!

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

lirinha wrote:Very cool, Justin.
Come to Brazil, I need you here, guys.
My life revolves around you and your music means a lot to me.
I dream to meet them, to talk after the show, earning a reed autograph my cd's, vinyls and cassettes, take pictures, a lot!
Maybe even play a song with you ...
I've thought about leaving everything here several times and follow you around the world, working with music too, in addition to playing, I'm a roadie, would be an honor and unspeakable pleasure to be with you.
Please send an hello to Dave!
Big hug. Lirinha
lirinha77@yahoo.com.br
Come to a show at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut; all those things have happened there!

LuckyLittleGirl
Runaway

Post by LuckyLittleGirl »

Justin wrote:
I did notice that this fan page is pretty outdated and there has not been a news update in over a year…goo. We are about to add some new content to the SA website. Winston's pics from last two months are killer and Dave filmed a lot of content on his little HD camera.

Justin
This fan page is outdated as opposed to the others? What news have they neglected to announce?

:?