David paints?

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
spinnin in ny
Runaway

David paints?

Post by spinnin in ny »

Did anyone else know that? For a $2500 pledge---too much for me. Is there anything he isn't good at?
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/okla ... rd#pledges

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: David paints?

Post by Monolith Maniac »

If I remember correctly he did the artwork for his solo album Faces & Names.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

oooh if you could see the painting in advance that would be cool (of course i don't know who this band oklahoma is - or do i?? (memory???) will have to check out another time. ) also - didn't know justin produces too. interesting anyways!

spinnin in ny
Runaway

Post by spinnin in ny »

Oklahoma is the name of Justin's brother's band. Justin often plugs them on Soul Asylum's Twitter page. I don't have much interest in listening to them, but I hope they meet their goals and find success. I think that's actually a tough name for a band. It's really generalized and is probably tough to pull up on a Google search. I typed it in, and just got flights from MSP to OKC. I really don't think The Police would call themselves The Police if Google were around....same w/Boston. I agree w/you on David's paintings. I swear the guy is good at everything!!

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

I've had the privilege of seeing Oklahoma live around the Twin Cities multiple times & I've enjoyed every show. Jacob Sharbono is a sweet guy, just like his brother.

spinnin in ny
Runaway

Post by spinnin in ny »

Glad to hear it. Maybe I'll give a listen anyway.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

Thanks for cluing me in. I listened to three songs. Worth a listen. I really liked a couple if the intros and a couple parts of a couple songs. Not sure they are my cup of tea overall but I'd be curious to hear their album that they're crowd funding now.

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

Where does it way anything about him painting. Im missing it.

spinnin in ny
Runaway

Post by spinnin in ny »

If you click the link in the first post, you'll see a fundraiser for Justin's bother's band called Oklahoma. If you donate $2500, then you'll get artwork by David. I think it's a pretty cool exchange but too pricey for me.

rthrbtrvln
Inmate

Post by rthrbtrvln »

spinnin in ny wrote:If you click the link in the first post, you'll see a fundraiser for Justin's bother's band called Oklahoma. If you donate $2500, then you'll get artwork by David. I think it's a pretty cool exchange but too pricey for me.
a problem with this fundraiser is if they don't meet their financial goal they still get your $2500, and you get nothing! pricey, indeed.