So annoyed

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

So annoyed

Post by AlyssaJones »

So a few weeks ago I posted on the band's Facebook wall: "You guys sooooooo need to do a holiday show this year. I've haven't been out to Minneapolis since July '12 and that's a problem. :( " and they liked the post. I thought that them liking the post was a hintity hint hint that they'd be doing on this year. Well it's November 14th and so far nothing's been announced. I figured that this meant there wasn't anything, but I keep checking First Avenue's calendar and Saturday the 20th of December still doesn't have anything booked, so I keep thinking that they might fill it.

I'm guessing at this point there isn't going to be one, but they announced that GDU show at the end of 2012 like two weeks before it happened, so you never know. It's just annoying to not know since they know damn well people do extensive traveling for these shows, so IF they have one they should announce it a few months in advance.

I don't know. I'm banking on them not having one, but there's still that little voice in the back of my head that says, "Don't spend $20 on dinner tonight! You might need that money for Minneapolis!"

Sigh. First world problems...

rthrbtrvln
Inmate

Re: So annoyed

Post by rthrbtrvln »

I saw them in New Orleans in October and Michael Bland mentioned they are thinking about a show on 12/20 in MPLS. I hate to have to miss it but flying into Minnesota the end of December probably involves delayed and/or cancelled flights. No can do. Let's hope the next SOLO tour starts soon; not three bands with 30 minute sets. (and comes to NJ!)

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Oh sweet man, thanks for the insight. Obviously that's no confirmation, but it's something to think about!

Have you ever seen them at First Avenue before? If flight delays are your only concern, I say take the chance. I've flown in December quite a bit, and flight delays ARE the norm, but I've never had one that caused me to miss a show. Just head out the day before or early in the morning the day of, and you'll most likely be fine.

rthrbtrvln
Inmate

Post by rthrbtrvln »

AlyssaJones wrote:Oh sweet man, thanks for the insight. Obviously that's no confirmation, but it's something to think about!

Have you ever seen them at First Avenue before? If flight delays are your only concern, I say take the chance. I've flown in December quite a bit, and flight delays ARE the norm, but I've never had one that caused me to miss a show. Just head out the day before or early in the morning the day of, and you'll most likely be fine.
I have never been to Minnesota, so no, I haven't seen them at First Avenue. but I want to! I do have a 4 day weekend, maybe I'll make the attempt. :)

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

I live in the Twin Cities and travel from the airport to First Ave. is more likely to be a problem than your flight here if we get a snowstorm. Sometimes it can take multiple hours to get anywhere around here in the snow & 35W south of downtown (the main road between the airport & downtown) can get pretty backed up even on a clear day. Not saying don't come, just something to factor into your plans.

spinnin in ny
Runaway

Post by spinnin in ny »

I've only been to Minneapolis once, but you can take the light-rail right from the airport to downtown/First Avenue.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

AlyssaJones wrote:So a few weeks ago I posted on the band's Facebook wall: "You guys sooooooo need to do a holiday show this year. I've haven't been out to Minneapolis since July '12 and that's a problem. :( " and they liked the post. I thought that them liking the post was a hintity hint hint that they'd be doing on this year. Well it's November 14th and so far nothing's been announced. I figured that this meant there wasn't anything, but I keep checking First Avenue's calendar and Saturday the 20th of December still doesn't have anything booked, so I keep thinking that they might fill it.

I'm guessing at this point there isn't going to be one, but they announced that GDU show at the end of 2012 like two weeks before it happened, so you never know. It's just annoying to not know since they know damn well people do extensive traveling for these shows, so IF they have one they should announce it a few months in advance.

I don't know. I'm banking on them not having one, but there's still that little voice in the back of my head that says, "Don't spend $20 on dinner tonight! You might need that money for Minneapolis!"

Sigh. First world problems...
Outside of a RWR show on 12-26 @ First Ave, this holiday season (I was thinking) was starting to look like it would be a bit on the quite side this year.

You are incorrect though about that Holiday/GDU show in 2012, a thread here was started on Nov 13th, which is around 6 weeks in advance. :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1544

But anyway, for ppl who are making travel plans etc, 6 weeks out isn't much time to make travel arrangements etc, especially if you are looking for any travel deals....

I feel your pain though as I haven't seen them since the Fall 2013 FoW/Dando tour !!
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Okay, I figured it had to have been more than 2 weeks, but I was too lazy to look it up. Still, it was relatively short notice. (But Jim and I went to the New Years Eve show in Rosemont a week or so later and it was awesome, so it's not like we totally missed out.)

I saw two full shows in 2013 and one Summerland show this year (kinda awesome that after years of travelling around to catch them, they hit Pittsburgh 3 times in a row) but I miss Minneapolis and I miss my boy Jim and I miss all y'all that are in the concert-going gang and we're due for a fix!!!

I'm getting low on cash though so who knows if I can actually do it. :shock:

Oh well; whatever happens happens. I just wish I could know now.

Justin
Lone Rider

Post by Justin »

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

Hot dayum !!!!! :o

Thankee!!

:mrgreen:
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.