2010 Dec. 17th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
sometimetoreturn
Marionette

Re: Dec. 17, 2010 - Christmas Show at First Ave!

Post by sometimetoreturn »

tickets on sale now ticketmaster.

ghettogold
Inmate

Re: Dec. 17, 2010 - Christmas Show at First Ave!

Post by ghettogold »

i really wanna go to the xmas show.
i'm in vancouver, canada though. expedia is pricing a round trip flight for about $500. i'd have to go alone and am super broke but it sure would be nice. and an exciting adventure. if there was ever a venue to see them at, this would be it. soooooo tempting. wonder if i waited til the last minute if i could still get in.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

2010 First Avenue Show Meetup

Post by philipgar »

I know we've done this before for other shows, but I figured I'd post this in advance as normally we end up trying to get something going last minute, and don't have everyones phone numbers to coordinate things.

Anyhow, I was thinking we should try and meet up sometime before the show downtown for dinner and drinks if others are interested (Meg, I'm assuming you and Scott are up for this, if not, I suppose I won't be there). In the past this has always been a good time to sit around and BS about music, bitch about the weather, or just enjoy yourself. There will be enough people here who I haven't seen in a couple years, so it should be a really fun time.

Any recommendations on where we should do this, people from the city?

Phil

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Re: First Avenue Show Meetup

Post by Sometime to Return »

In my opinion; you can't beat Gluek's. Good food, cold beer but most improtantly a fun atmosphere. Plus; it's only a block maybe two from 1st Avenue.

Once a place is established; I'd be (we) be up for meeting as long as it works for the sitter.
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

JohnMutXB
Lone Rider

Post by JohnMutXB »

I'll be coming up to the show from Philadelphia in the early afternoon, wherever we all decide to meet before the show, I'll be there. This will be my first First Ave show, but hardly my first SA show.

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

I will definitely vote for cold beer and a block from the show, but since it is MN I may be looking for an Irish Coffee instead. Look forward to meeting you John. First Ave shows are worth the trip!

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

Why not go to The Depot, First Ave's new restaurant/bar, right next to The Entry?

http://thedepottavern.com/
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

kevinmpls
Stranger

Post by kevinmpls »

The Honeydogs are playing a show Friday night at the Dakota Jazz Club at 7:00 in downtown Minneapolis if anyone's interested in them. It's $15 and the website is http://dakotacooks.com/

Kevin

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

we were sooo lucky this show wasn't last night (12-11) instead of being on the 17th.

The 17" inches of snow we got from Friday night (late) until yesterday afternoon would have canceled this show for sure (it was last night that is).....
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

norma023 wrote:we were sooo lucky this show wasn't last night (12-11) instead of being on the 17th.

The 17" inches of snow we got from Friday night (late) until yesterday afternoon would have canceled this show for sure (it was last night that is).....
Oh definitely. I think any weather event crazy enough to cause a stadium roof to collapse would warrant a show cancellation at First Ave. :P