2007 Nov. 17th - Butterball Party, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

clammers wrote:I DID IT!!!!

http://www.thebutterballparty.com/
Excellent work!
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I've added the show to the front page. Thanks for the hard-hitting research, guys!
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Here's the real lowdown. I guess you register for the event as well.

Registration

Butterball is an "invitation only" event and is not open to the public. However, we have decided to add a very limited number of tickets for $100 to attend this year's party... but don't wait too long. Butterball will be sold out soon!

Tickets available here! Tickets purchased through this link will NOT be mailed to you. We will hold your tickets at will call the night of the event. All tickets purchased on-line are for the 7:30 p.m. entrance time.

Tickets are required upon entrance to Butterball. Upon arrival, you are encouraged to make a contribution to this year's charity:
Open Arms of Minnesota. Volunteers will be ready to assist you.

$100 General Admission Ticket includes 2 free drink tickets, late night bites and special opportunity to see Soul Asylum LIVE.

$500 VIP Tickets - Join Cheryl Tiegs and Dan Buettner for a VIP Reception in their Lake of the Isles home, along with special guest, Mariel Hemingway. Reception is from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. and includes cocktails and dinner presented by celebrity chef, Andrew Zimmern. These tickets also get you into the Butterball party following the VIP Reception at Graves 601. These tickets are only available by calling Cheryl at 612-872-1152.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

so is anyone going to this?

I'd certainly like to go, but that price is rather steep. Not to mention that I'm not sure if I (ahem) even have any black and white to wear....... :D
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

I'd go but know I wouldn't get in with my attire. Plenty of black but I don't think they'd appreciate black shorts and hoodie...lol. So...do you think the guys in the band will dress up? I'm thinking no cause it just wouldn't be them.
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

clammers wrote: So...do you think the guys in the band will dress up? I'm thinking no cause it just wouldn't be them.
Hard to say, but yeah, somehow it just wouldn't seem "normal" if they weren't in their "regular" attire. However, they did dress up for the 1997 prom, so it's possible.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Did anyone actually go to this or find any write up? I'm curious to know if the guys actually did dress up.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

sorry Sarah, no news from me. I ended up being home with a sick child. :oops:

From the sounds of it, hopefully this person will update their site with some news/reports (probably not all SA related I'm guessing, but maybe at least some pictures). I have no idea who this is though.

http://thestylelaboratory.blogspot.com/ ... -busy.html
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

hmm, they are wearing black, but no tuxes

http://activerain.com/blogsview/278293/ ... Butterball

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

There's some pics here and a few on the next page.

http://public.fotki.com/Smuda/butterbal ... page6.html