Website maintenance (please report any oddities)

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Homesick
Warden

Website maintenance (please report any oddities)

Post by Homesick »

In the last couple of hours, I finished a bit of maintenance that I've been planning for well over a year. There are no big differences at this time (apart from a redesigned news archive) but now that the "plumbing" is completed, I'll finally be rolling out new features over the coming months.

The main reason for this thread, however, is that I want to hear of any oddities that may have appeared. I don't expect many at this point, but they always tend to creep up. If you see anything, please let me know in this thread or by PM or e-mail. Thanks!
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Homesick
Warden

Re: Website maintenance (please report any oddities)

Post by Homesick »

And the new features are already rolling out! I just added something that was actually present when the site was brand-new but had to be removed for technical reasons: "Do You Know…", the box of random trivia at the bottom of the front page.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

And now there's also a "Random Song" box right next to the trivia. Wow, this is easier than I thought! ;)

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Also another feature which should come in handy has been added:

A "Discuss" link in the "upcoming shows" section on the front page. The link will bring you directly to the forum topic about that specific show. :)

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

We've now also changed the random song into a "Name the Tune" mini-game! The song title is hidden, so you'll have to guess what song it is using just part of the lyrics. Good luck!

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Now we've also got a shiny new song listing!

If you click the table headers (Title, Composer, Length, and Trivia), you'll see that the songs are sorted by that header. You can also do a search of the songs to sort out just the songs that you're interested in. Have fun and let us know what you think!

(We're aware that several songs are missing information about length; we'll fix that as soon as we can.)

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Homesick wrote:(We're aware that several songs are missing information about length; we'll fix that as soon as we can.)
I've updated the time length for the song listing, but omitting the times for songs that haven't been released (even demos on bootlegs).

The live songs I do have time listings for are ones that have been officially released (e.g. compilation albums, Prom CD).
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I just revamped the discography quite a bit. Most of it behind-the-scenes, but some of it is visible already (such as accurate appearance listings and trivia/chart previews in the different record categories). I'm almost expecting there to be oddities after this change, so please let me know if you find any. One exception, though: I already know that the record images and videos aren't currently available; I'm going to add them back as soon as I can.

AlexNek
Brand New Shine

-

Post by AlexNek »

Thank you....... sounds easy enough I shall give it a whirl

UPDATE:: Success, one photograph added, its easy when you know how

Does paint have any other useful features?