Unknown CD in the ETSA Header

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Closer
Social Butterfly

Re: Unknown CD in the ETSA Header

Post by Closer »

sheryl wrote:but yeah, fine.
it's none of it there.
If I didn't know any better I would say you're offended, which seems awfully silly, but I guess I'll see it as misread internet language... or whatever it's called...

Anyway, all I meant is that compared to a lot of other bands, that have been going on for not even half as long as SA, there is a lot more information online than for SA. (which makes sense... they aren't that big anymore) I mean... just look at the number of fan sites. If I want to find some information, an article, an interview, from any other band that I listen to, then I will be more successful than when I'm trying to find something about SA. That doesn't mean there isn't anything to be found online. Like I mentioned in my previous post, especially the Never Forever Whatever site has a lot interesting stuff.

I was just supporting the idea for an article section. "But yeah, fine."

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote: Maybe your library subscribes to these databases or something similar. All of those databases are able to search hundreds of different popular, specialty, and academic publications and you can limit your search criteria by year.
No, that's not possible for me, but thanks anyway for the tip.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Closer wrote:
sheryl wrote:but yeah, fine.
it's none of it there.
If I didn't know any better I would say you're offended, which seems awfully silly, but I guess I'll see it as misread internet language... or whatever it's called...

Anyway, all I meant is that compared to a lot of other bands, that have been going on for not even half as long as SA, there is a lot more information online than for SA. (which makes sense... they aren't that big anymore) I mean... just look at the number of fan sites. If I want to find some information, an article, an interview, from any other band that I listen to, then I will be more successful than when I'm trying to find something about SA. That doesn't mean there isn't anything to be found online. Like I mentioned in my previous post, especially the Never Forever Whatever site has a lot interesting stuff.

I was just supporting the idea for an article section. "But yeah, fine."
No, not offended. Slightly irritated maybe,because it's a bit irritating to state something that's actual fact and have someone, who clearly isn't looking at what you are looking at, say something along the lines of "no, not so much".

Yes you're right that other bands have more active websites, that's very true. Soul Asylum fell off the popular radar before everyone and their aunt nellie had the internet... and even those that had it had a 386 with a dialup through aol so really, why bother....and they've stayed pretty much on the down low since.

But the information is out there in abundance, and the possibility is really there may be more significant soul asylum articles than there may be for some bands who have more fansites. There's not a lot of cheesy nonsense for them, but virtually everything that's been written about them, officially and um..not so officially...is out there.

Strangely enough, many of the more obscure things came to me when I was looking for tour dates. I had entered in a google news search subscription for soul asylum, dave pirner and dan murphy, figuring some combination of that would have to hit.
I got an email notification every single time the crawler found anything, or anything new hit the internet with the words soul and or asylum, and for both names.
if you discount the useless notifications for "bank of soul" and "weston asylum" etc, i still got so many valid notifications every day that my email started routing it all to my spam folder.

What I got none of was tour dates!

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

sheryl wrote: No, not offended. Slightly irritated maybe,because it's a bit irritating to state something that's actual fact and have someone, who clearly isn't looking at what you are looking at, say something along the lines of "no, not so much".
Ok, well, like I explained already... I meant that compared to most other bands I listen to there isn't that much stuff (like articles, interviews, information about songs, etc) online, and then I don't mean just fan sites, and that's actually a fact too. But maybe I should have included that in my little post then, but I honestly didn't give it more than a few seconds thought when I typed it really fast, and I definitely didn't think that someone would get irritated over that. You could have just asked me what I meant without the sarcasm (if that's what it was), I guess, but oh well... I hope you know what I mean now. And again... I was just trying to support the idea that an article section would be pretty cool for the future of this site perhaps. The end.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Article collection would be a heck of a big job. Could be fun though.