Updating a forum always brings oddness

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Homesick
Warden

Updating a forum always brings oddness

Post by Homesick »

We reinstalled the forum recently because it had refused to allow itself to be updated. All of the topics, posts, and users should still be here. If anything behaves or looks strange, let us know. We'll fix this forum up visually in not too long—with a brand-new style, even.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: Updating a forum always brings oddness

Post by AlyssaJones »

bleh! I don't like the way it looks, but oh well, I'll look forward to it being fixed up :)

Keep up the good work

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

oooh at least it's here again. thanks again for doing all the work for the site in general..

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

One other thing we are doing during the forum upgrade is slightly changing the url of the forum; although not necessary, you may want to update your bookmarks if you have them linked to the forum.

The new url for the forum will be:

http://www.enterthesoulasylum.com/forum/ - with a lowercase "f" (instead of being capitalized)

If your bookmark is currently http://www.enterthesoulasylum.com/Forum, you will still be directed to the new current location, but it may be a wise decision to update it anyways (so you won't have to be redirected each time).
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

I don't like this look either, but again, it is temporary, so, so be it. Luckily, I have the URL for the main page bookmarked, so unless that URL changes any time, I shouldn't have any problems navigating to the forum. Still, thanks for the heads up Jim.

I only say temporary, because the tab heading says, "It's temporaaaaary!" Someone mentioned to me it's not. It's not? :shock:
Last edited by sayeeda on Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Thanks for getting the forum back up and running again so quickly! Spending hours on this forum every day has become my primary daily computing activity, so I was kinda despondant for a while, with no new posts to find and read.

But one good thing did come out of the forum being down for a bit. I ended up spending some time on Myspace, and decided that perhaps my Myspace page would be a more appropriate location for my need to express my excitment and anxiety about this weekend's show, and because of that idea, I thought of other things to blog there about.

Thanks SO MUCH for all the work you guys put into creating and maintaining this site.

dells

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Looks nice. :) (I'm sorry about my initial reply, I didn't mean to be rude when I said I hated it.)

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

AlyssaJones wrote:Looks nice. :) (I'm sorry about my initial reply, I didn't mean to be rude when I said I hated it.)
I think your initial reply was refering to the forum's appearance immediately after the reset when it did look very blah and pale, didn't it?

I bet our web gurus shared your opinion of the "undoctored" forum appearance, or they wouldn't have changed it (when it was originally set up) to the look it had before the reset.

dells

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

dells wrote:
AlyssaJones wrote:Looks nice. :) (I'm sorry about my initial reply, I didn't mean to be rude when I said I hated it.)
I think your initial reply was refering to the forum's appearance immediately after the reset when it did look very blah and pale, didn't it?

I bet our web gurus shared your opinion of the "undoctored" forum appearance, or they wouldn't have changed it (when it was originally set up) to the look it had before the reset.

dells
That's exactly right. :D
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Does anyone know what happened to all the avatars? It seems like the database containing them is no longer working properly.

Phil