the site's message submission forms are not working

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

the site's message submission forms are not working

Post by dells »

The "Let Us Know" message sunmission on song pages and the "contact Us" message submission forms aren't working,

I've gotten "your message was not sent because the message field was empty" error message every time, but I DID have a message in the box every time.

I was trying to let you know that I wasn't positive, but I think I remember Dreams Deffered and Hurricane as being discussed as being written by Dan, rather than by Dave.

I'm sure that could be researched in the Yahoo group's archive, but I'm currently in the middle of my own project.

dells

error message from the "contact us" submission attempt:

Warning: array_map() [function.array-map]: Argument #2 should be an array in /customers/enterthesoulasylum.com/enterthesoulasylum.com/httpd.www/includes/processors/form/contact.php on line 3
You message was not sent, because…

… you left the Message field blank. Please correct this and submit your form again.

dells

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: the site's message submission forms are not working

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I'm not sure whats wrong with the message system at the moment but thanks for letting us know. I can answer the question you were trying to message us though.

Yes, Hurricane and Dreams Differed were written by Dan. I believe the pages originally had them set as Dan but they must have gotten changed a while back when we were doing some site upgrades. Dave's name was set up as the default composer for all the songs, since most of the songs are written by him.

These songs probably got overlooked since they were unreleased (though Hurricane made it as a Golden Smog song). The changes have been made and hopefully we can get the message system up and running soon.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Thanks for the heads-up, dells! I've fixed the message system now and tested it by submitting the form myself, but if you're up for it you can send me a mock message or two and I'll reply to confirm that it's working.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Homesick wrote:Thanks for the heads-up, dells! I've fixed the message system now and tested it by submitting the form myself, but if you're up for it you can send me a mock message or two and I'll reply to confirm that it's working.
Thanks for fixing it so quickly! You guys run a top-notch fansite. I had a couple more things to submit, anyway, so I did use the submission forms again and they appearred to work, from my side.

dells