Website wishlist - have your say!

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Homesick
Warden

Re: Website wishlist - have your say!

Post by Homesick »

blueharvest wrote:A direct link (could be called "discuss this song") from the discog page to a topic in the forum for each song. That way, people could put in reviews, thoughts, lyric analyses and memories about the songs in one easy to find place and any other stuff that people know or hear about the actual writing and recording of the tune could be included.

I think the more cross referencing there is on the site, the easier it'll be for people to find and discover new information.
That's a great idea, Blueharvest. It'll probably take some manual work but I can definitely see a use for it in promoting discussion and sharing SA lore.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Hi guys! :)
OK, since you guys, Jim and Jakob, asked for our help in finding new/old articles in that new thread Content Discussion, I remembered a very interesting one. But the problem is that I can't provide a link since I found the article using my, as I call it, "university username" in that EBSCOhost place/library thing. It's called A Hard Dazed Night and it's from Rolling Stone magazine. If you can't find it I have it on my computer and I can e-mail it to one of you so that you can put it up here, it would be a nice contribution to our articles section :)

I Love Dim Light
Inmate

Post by I Love Dim Light »

white on black is really horrible.
maybe, change of design? something less black ?
bright juicy colors... mm?

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I Love Dim Light wrote:white on black is really horrible.
White text on a black background is controversial, no doubt about it. Are you talking about the entire site or just the article pages?
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

I honestly really like it ;) It is better for your eyes to read black on white, but for me, this white on black works better. The design is just perfect here. Changing it to something really bright would be horrible for your eyes, even for a really short period of time. It's like you stumble across a site or a blog all in dark red or some other horrible color, I feel like my eyes are bleeding when i leave those places. So this white on black is just right

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

i disagree- this format (white text onblack background) is much better for your eyes. i work with somebody who has some vision issues and i learned a little about it.

artile on stuff people with low-vision issues use to help:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/06/healt ... wanted=all

"Electronics can also alter the image on the fly. Black text on a white background can be flipped to show white text on a black background; the greater contrast is easier for many people to read."

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Oh, OK then :) I just remember what one of my teachers once said: that black on white is the best solution and it's the easiest to read, but OK, I don't know a lot about that stuff

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I Love Dim Light wrote:white on black is really horrible.
I'm not sure if it's the whole site or just certain pages, but you can easily change the style of the forum if you prefer a black text on lighter background.

Click the link below and do the following:

User Control Panel

Locate My board style; in the drop down box choose the prosilver setting.

The layout of the prosilver forum is slightly different from our default (AcidTech) one, but it might be easier on your eyes if you prefer a black text.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

I Love Dim Light
Inmate

Post by I Love Dim Light »

WOW !!! where am i ?
how interesting.
i'm talking about the entire site and about the BLACK color.
i mean, Soul Asylum isn't a black death band, why black?
of course, i don't know if it's possible, it's just a question.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

not sure if this was the intention but i always thought the color scheme of this site (black and grey) 'matches' the color scheme of the TSL album cover as well as the 'official' site www.soulasylum.com

maybe we should start a new thread entitled 'what color is soul asylum to you" (i'm curious what color do YOU associate with them?)