EnterTheSoulAsylum.com is two years old!

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Homesick
Warden

EnterTheSoulAsylum.com is two years old!

Post by Homesick »

As of today, October 6th, EnterTheSoulAsylum.com has been online for two entire years. Happy Birthday!

If you want to test your knowledge of the events of these past two years, try out our brand-new quiz!
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Closer
Social Butterfly

Re: EnterTheSoulAsylum.com is two years old!

Post by Closer »

Congratulations, guys, and great work with keeping this site updated.

I got 6 out of 8 questions right, that ain't too shabby, well... I did guess a few.

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Thank You very much, and Crongrats on maintaining this very informative fan site for two years! an absolutly amazing acheivement during a time with little new news. And thanks, also to the fans who have participated on the forum, sharing news, reviews, setlists, and personal fan experiences, because the fan participation is a huge part of the site's success, along with the website skills of the site's creaters, Jakob and Jim. Without the fan participation, It would have been very difficult, I think, to have evolved and updated a fansite with new material, when the band is no longer the MTV and media darlings of the early 90s.

I think it's a testament to our devotion as fans, that the best Soul Asylum (fansite OR official band site) ever to exist is this one right here, and it's more active now (in a fairly quiet time in the band's history) than any of the ones from the GDU era, during the height of their fame. I did love very much, and really appreciated, the early fan sites that accumulated and shared the wealth of media, etc. that was available then, but, sadly, none of them had the website skills necessary to create the fan community that we have here, and a strong fan community is what keeps us going. I hope that those early webmasters have stayed with the band and found and joined this community.

I took the quiz and got 6 out 8 as well.

dells

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

yay, 8 out of 8 on the quiz!

Jim and Jakob, you guys do such an awesome job on this website. Thanks for keeping the online fan-community going!

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Congratulations to all fans because the site wouldn't have lasted without them, and especially congratulations to Jim and Jakob - thank you guys for keeping the site up and running and for providing us with all the latest news!

Now, is there gonna be a cake? There definitely should be one, you guys deserved it!

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

As per your request, here's some cake for all of us to enjoy. It's music-themed and even addressed to Jim on the side, so we'll just assume my name is on the part of the cake that's not visible. ;)

Yummy!

Thanks for your kind words, everyone!
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

wow 2 years?? yikes and i've been on here over a year now?! guess i'm not the new gal anymore.

well i don't care to share my poor score on the quiz... !! :)
but THANKS JIM & JAKOB!!! the site has definitely 'enriched' my appreciation of the band and i've learned WAYY TO MUCH soul asylum info from here (if there is such a thing - depends who you asK)
go eat your cake.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Happy birthday website! Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Off to take quiz...