2008 Aug. 22nd - Lincoln Park Zoo, Chicago, IL

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Dave4Prez
Caged Rat

2008 Aug. 22nd - Lincoln Park Zoo, Chicago, IL

Post by Dave4Prez »

Does anyone want to get together before this show? My cousin and I are flying in from Phoenix and don't know a good place to pre-show and OF COURSE we want to be with other obsessed SA fans!

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: Chicago Lincoln Zoo August 22nd - PRESHOW MEETING

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Sure, I'd definitely like to get together before the show. I know from this thread that a few other people were planning on coming in for the concert as well. Depending on how early you want to come to the show maybe we can meet up at the venue and go to one of the local bars/restaurants, or just meet up at one of them? There's plenty of places in the area, (some kinda pricey being that its downtown).
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Dave4Prez
Caged Rat

Post by Dave4Prez »

Ok I'm not renting a car or planning to take a taxi at those prices. Will do the I'm planning to do this deal too. Coming from O'Hare.

Should we plan to meet at Will Call or just the regular zoo entrance then head over to for drinks/food somewhere nearby?

Let me know!

Dave4Prez
Caged Rat

Post by Dave4Prez »

I meant to say I'm doing the blue line to the bus deal!

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Dave4Prez wrote:I meant to say I'm doing the blue line to the bus deal!
Well, if you guys are coming from O'Hare, I can always meet up with you all at the station there as that would give us a little more time to talk too. It wouldn't take me more than 10 minutes from my house via the train to get to O'Hare.

Can I ask where you are planning on staying?

eeyoretigger
Marionette

Post by eeyoretigger »

I'm not sure that we'll be able to join for food/drinks per-show but if you see my husband or me at the show, stop and say hi! I drag him to all the Chicago area shows (sad that I missed Waukesha due to being sick)
I'll be in the black SA "ass inspector" shirt and should have purple hair.
Sarah

Dave4Prez
Caged Rat

Post by Dave4Prez »

We are landing at around 1pm so we will want to go to our hotel first.
I don't know where we're staying. Haven't made a reservation!?
Any suggestions? Everything around the zoo is pretty expensive but then I figure I'll be spending a lot in cabs if I stay elsewhere. Let me know!

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Dave4Prez wrote:We are landing at around 1pm so we will want to go to our hotel first.
I don't know where we're staying. Haven't made a reservation!?
Any suggestions? Everything around the zoo is pretty expensive but then I figure I'll be spending a lot in cabs if I stay elsewhere. Let me know!
I remember the last time I stayed in Chicago (jeez, this must have been '02 at a metro show, when they played DeKalb the next day), I stayed out by O'hare. It wasn't that expensive for a hotel there, and you can just take the L right over there. Personally, I plan on parking somewhere near O'hare and just taking in the train (although I don't know the best spot yet).

Phil

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

As the days get closer to the concert I just want to know for sure who is coming and for those who were undecided at the time, if they still are. I think the best idea is to meet up at least 2 hours (or is that too much time) before the gates open. I can pick out an exact spot later in the week or feel free to make your suggestions now on where exactly you want to meet up.

So far, judging by the posts, this is who's going to be there:

Coming:
Monolith Maniac
Dave4Prez +cousin
norman023 +son
Philipgar

Undecided:
crawl
eeyoretigger
Miss Fitt 2

If you are going to the concert and want to meet up beforehand, can you please post as I don't want to see anyone left behind and/or lost cause we didn't wait up for you. For those that don't want to meet up, we'll probably see you at the gates or stage. :)

Don Gerard
Stranger

Post by Don Gerard »

I will be there with my 11-year-old daughter (she is the one who dressed up like Dave P. for Halloween a couple of years ago). We'll be driving in from Champaign, so between the Cubs' game and Friday rush hour it should be a hoot.

Tut-tut, it looks like rain!